The School of Social Sciences is committed to providing resources to help you offset the expenses you will incur as you work toward achieving your advanced degree.
In order to adequately finance your education, you must first have a clear understanding of the various expenses you are likely to encounter. The following links provide information to help you properly budget for expenses:
- Estimated Expenses - Information for prospective students
- Books - browse through the campus bookstore to view graduate textbook costs
- Fees & Tuition - current rates as set by the UC Office of the President for resident and non-residents
- Health Insurance - general coverage overview and FAQ
- Housing - options available for on and off campus living
- Parking - student rates and other transportation alternatives
The School of Social Sciences provides a range of financial support packages designed to enhance your graduate education experience, and to make the cost of obtaining an advanced degree affordable.
- Extramural Funding Opportunities - step by step instructions for applying for extramural funding opportunities
- Intramural Funding Opportunities - resources for fellowship opportunities, teaching assistantships, graduate student researcher positions, and more
- Need-Based Financial Aid - apply for need-based financial aid (grant and loans) through the UC Irvine Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships; application process begins with the FAFSA